The startup presented a diplay for video conferences, Tesla was expelled from S&P 500 and other news from the world of AI
- No Comments
The startup presented a diplay for video conferences, Tesla was expelled from s&P 500 and other news from the world of AI
We strive to inform readers not only about events in the Bitcoin industry, but also to talk about what is happening in related technological spheres-cybersecurity in the world of artificial intelligence (AI).
Forklog Ai has collected the most important news from the world of AI over the past week.
- The Government of the Russian Federation eliminated the subcommission on the development of AI.
- The Russian division of Google intends to declare bankruptcy.
- In the United States, a ban on the use of person recognition systems will be canceled.
- Tesla was expelled from the index S&P 500 due to problems with autopilot and discrimination.
- The ex-director of machine training Apple moved to Deepmind.
- Japanese container ship made autonomous swimming between the two largest ports of the country.
- The most important transactions for the last week.
In the Russian https://gagarin.news/ru/news/celsius-founder-refutes-critique-blames-short-sellers-for-cel-price-slump/ Federation, the government AI Commission was eliminated
Russia abolished the government subcommission on the development of artificial intelligence.
A number of acts and applications related to the work of the department lose the power.
Google Russia will declare itself bankrupt
The Russian division Google plans to announce bankruptcy.
The company said that the arrest of bank accounts made it impossible to function an office in Russia, including the loan and payment of salaries, as well as the fulfillment of other financial obligations.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Google took out most of the employees from the Russian Federation, preparing for the cessation of commercial activities in the country. Basically, workers moved to Dubai, where the technical gigant has a large office, the source reports.
In the United States, a ban on the use of person recognition systems will be canceled
Several American cities will cancel the ban on the use of persons recognition technology due to the growth of crime.
According to Reuters, in the coming months the authorities of Virginia and California will allow the local police to apply biometric identification systems. Also, the ban can be canceled in New Orleans, where over the past two years the number of murders has grown by 67%.
“To disclose crimes and bring people to justice, technology is necessary,” law enforcement officers said.
The American sued Tiktok due to fatal challenging
Tiktok was sued due to allegedly “fatal recommendations” of its algorithms.
According to the lawsuit, the application on the For You has recommended 10-year-old Nyl Anderson to go through a Blackout-Chenge, promising people to hold their breath before losing consciousness. During the assignment, the child fainted. The girl was taken to the hospital, but five days later she died in intensive care.
Tiktok replied that Challenge appeared long before the social network and was never a tendency. If such content is detected, the developers immediately remove it, added to the company.
Tesla was expelled from s&P 500 due to problems with autopilot
Tesla was excluded from the index S&P 500 ESG due to problems associated with autopilot and discrimination.
S&P 500 ESG – an indicator used to evaluate corporate efficiency on environmental, social and managerial issues.
In response to actions s&P Dow Jones Indices Ilon Musk called the index “Fraud” and “Weapons in the hands of fake fighters for social justice”.
Exxon Is Rated Top Ten Best in World for Environment, Social & governance (ESG) by S&P 500, While Tesla Vidn’t Make The List!
ESG IS A SCAM. It Has Been Weaponized by Phony Social Justice Warriors.
– Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 18, 2022
Media: ex-director of machine training Apple got a job at DeepMind
Former Director of the Department of Machine Education at Apple, Jan Hudfellow got a job at DeepMind.
According to Bloomberg, the specialist joined the Google AI unit as an independent participant. Gudfellow has not yet begun new duties, the source writes.
In DeepMind, the information did not comment on the information.
Earlier, Gudfellow left Apple due to partial cancellation of remote work and lack of flexibility in the company’s work policy.
Soon, Apple abandoned the policy of gradual return to offices due to an increase in the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Instead, employees will be obliged to attend jobs for two days a week and wear masks in public places.
Google introduced Ai-trainer to prepare for interviews
Google has launched the II instrument Interview Warmup to prepare for interviews. The program is available only to users from the USA.
The system asks typical questions like “tell a little about yourself” and analyzes a person’s answers to identify the area requiring improvement. The tool will determine if the candidate “abuses” some words or he needs more time to talk on a given topic.
Interview Warmup is designed for participants in the Google Career Certificates program, but also includes a list of general questions. In the future, the company plan to expand the functionality of the tool and the region of its availability.
Apple introduced “live subtitles” for iPhone, iPad and Mac
Apple will add the function of creating “live subtitles” to the video for iPhone, iPad and Mac. The company also announced the AI-System for the detection of doors in an unfamiliar area.
The system generates a business image based on pre -uploaded professional photos. The algorithm “finishes” the missing details like a suit or stacked hair in real time and synchronizes the image with a broadcast in Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams.
The application tracks 50,000 different points on the user’s face, determining the changes in his facial expressions. The system is also adjusted to the movement of a person, even when it approaches the camera.
According to the company, EmbodyMe neuroranding takes about 0.01 seconds, which is 50 times faster than analogues.
The base filter is free. Monthly subscription with additional functions costs $ 8 per month.
In Japan, a container ship made autonomous swimming
Autonomous Suzaku containers swam 790 km on their own. A ship 95 m long made a test trip from the Tokyo Gulf to the port of Tsumatsusak and back.
The experiment also experienced ground support and distance management technologies. The operators monitored the functioning of the vessel, briefly intercepting management to verify the performance of control and communication systems.
About 30 companies participated in the experiment. The project is financed by the Japanese organization Nippon Foundation.
The most important transactions from the field of AI in the last week
From May 15 to 21, 2022, startups in the field of artificial intelligence attracted over $ 370 million. We give the most interesting transactions.
- Inflection AI received $ 225 million for the development of software and products to simplify the interaction of people with computers.
- Fetcher raised $ 27 million to create a service for finding candidates for a job.
- Heartex attracted $ 25 million to the development of the plated data with open source data platform.
- The developer of the system forecasting system in the supply chains of Everstream Analytics raised $ 24 million.
- Keelvar received $ 24 million for scaling the platform for automation of procurement in supply chains.
- Traactian attracted $ 15 million to develop a system for monitoring the state of industrial equipment.
- The creators of the Salency Labs hybrid photon-processor received $ 11.5 million.
- Rain Technology raised $ 11 million to expand the team of integrated voice systems.
- Zmo.AI attracted $ 8 million to the development of the platform to generate non -existent models.
Also on FORKLOG:
- Elon Musk accused Twitter algorithms for users manipulation.
- Revolut founder will launch a venture fund based on AI with assets of $ 200 million.
- MasterCard will launch a smile payment system or vanity.
- The US demanded to check the ID recognition system.me.
Subscribe to FORKLOG news at Telegram: Forklog AI – all news from the world of AI!