- No Comments
Harmony offered a reward of $ 1 million for a return of stolen $ 100 million
The Harmony Protocol team offered a reward of $ 1 million for a return of crypto acttures stolen from the Horizon cross-bridge for $ 100 million or information that will lead to crackers.
“Harmony will advocate the lack of criminal charges when the funds are returned,” the developers said.
Users in the comments drew attention to a small amount of remuneration – 1% of the cost of stolen funds. The popular on the pseudonym Degen Spartan called the proposal of the “offensive amount” on Twitter.
“I think these guys are simply making a performance to mitigate legal responsibility:“ Hey, look, do not blame us, at least we tried ”. It looks like they don’t even want to return money with such https://gagarin.news/ a clown proposal, ”he added.
CEO Useless David Vili suggested that crackers can prefer “a million pure money”. However, in his opinion, the Harmony proposal is a “starting point” in negotiations, and he sees the amount of settlement within $ 3-6 million.
One of the commentators recalled that the industry standard of such return conditions is 10% of the amount.
In May, the unknown withdrew from the Rari Capital protocol for about $ 80 million. The team offered $ 10 million for a return.
In April, the Defi Protocol Beansstalk Farms lost $ 181 million as a result of hacking. Hacker prey was assets in the amount of about $ 76 million. The developers agreed to return 90% of the funds, leaving 10% as a legal award.
CEO Harmony Stephen Ts in the thread clarified that the hacking of closed keys to the multisig-posed, and not the presence of any vulnerabilities of Horizon, led to hacking.
“The team discovered evidence that closed keys were compromised, which led to hacking Horizon. The funds were stolen from the Ethereum bridge, ”he said.
Recall, according to Immunefi, only in the first quarter of 2022, crypto projects lost more than $ 1.22 billion as a result of the actions of hackers and scammers.
Read the FORKLOG Bitcoin News in our Telegram-cryptocurrency news, courses and analytics.